Wednesday, August 6, 2014

DIY | TERRARIUM


I think terrariums are super cool. They add that outdoor feel to any room and they are super easy to make. And for all my fellow non-green thumbs out there they are just as easy to keep alive.


|What you will need|

    Terrarium of your choice. I found mine at Michaels.
I chose open ones which require watering about once a week. 
Completely enclosed ones require little to no water. 

  Plants of your choice. Succulents and cactus' seem to work well.


Small rocks

Soil


Start adding your base layer- this can be gravel, coarse sand, or rocks. This layer is for drainage and I spread mine about an 1" evenly at the bottom.

On top of that, add a thin layer of your activated charcoal. I found mine at Pet-smart. This apparently helps keep the air clean (I don't know I just do what Pinterest tells me).

Next comes soil. This is pretty self explanatory. I stole mine from my mom's plants. 

Then add your succulents and voila! I think it'd be cool to add some pretty rocks or crystals or something to spice it up too.


I love my little terrariums and you will too so try it out. Here's some pictures of other ones for you to get inspired by. 




No comments:

Post a Comment